continuum-users mailing list archives

From Michael Meyer <michael.me...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: monitoring builds
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:48:30 GMT
Hi
we use continuums xml-rpc api for this. Look in the archive for
"[1.1-beta-1] How does the XML-RPC API work?" (Date: 10. August 2007).
Emmanuel Venisse explains it nicely.

Cheers, michael

Ionut S wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to implement a system of lava lamps for our continuum server and I need a way
to find out when a build was done and the result. I know about the notifications mechanism,
but my lava lamps will not be located on the same computer that hosts the continuum server.

> My computer is behind a firewall and I can't change these settings - hence I can access
the continuum server from my computer but not the other way around. As a consequence, I will
need a way from my computer to "ping" Continuum from time to time and see when a build was
done.

> Another method would be to have an application that checks the email and see if an email
notification arrived (we have email notifications configured, yes). However, this solution
doesn't seem very elegant - I would keep it only as the last resort..

> Thank you in advance for your advices !
>
> Ionut

> Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay
it on us.

--
Michael Meyer | michael.meyer@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 12 | fax +41-44-247 70 75