continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: relativePath
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:56:50 GMT
generally you don't need to use that relativePath tag..

and your second scenario still looks a little odd.

I think maybe your not installing your superpom into the repository
before you start building your project?  Normally if your doing
something like this with a company pom, then that pom is managed
separately in its own scm setup..

in svn this would be

.../repos/company/trunk/pom.xml
.../repos/company/tags/company-1/pom.xml
.../repos/company/tags/company-2/pom.xml

etc.

Those pom.xml in the company-1 and company-2 would be released and
available in some repository as any other artifact or pom resource in
maven.  Then you project would just reference that company pom via the
groupId:artifactId:version and maven would take care of all the work.

that make more sense?

jesse