continuum-users mailing list archives

From "LAMY Olivier" <Olivier.L...@accor.com>
Subject RE: System time problem in Solaris 10 environment (Ant + Continuum)
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:31:54 GMT
Hi,
Related to this one http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-723 ?
Can you attached to this a simple ant test project ?
Does your .profile contains some settings related to TZ and/or LC_ ?

Maybe, it's related to the CommandLine version of p-u which badly set envVars (I haven't tested
this on the current trunk)

Can you test with current continuum trunk ?

--
Olivier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Otto Kolsi [mailto:otto@kolsi.fi]
Envoyé : jeudi 5 juillet 2007 13:04
À : continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Objet : System time problem in Solaris 10 environment (Ant + Continuum)

Hi,

We are having strange problem with system time with Continuum in Solaris 10 environment. Easiest
way to verify existence of this problem is to add following block to Ant build script and
let Continuum to build/execute it.
"<exec executable="/usr/bin/date"/>"

What happens is that 'date' reports GMT time and not the correct local time. This ONLY happens
when Ant is executed through Continuum. If same Ant script is executed as a standalone it
reports the corret time.

This problem causes times to differ three hours in ZIP-archives that are created using Ant's
ZIP target. We've tried to enable full DEBUG logs with Continuum but only thing that's visible
is this:
"...ShellCommandHelper             - Executing:
/usr/local/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant -f Build/continuum-build.xml build".
 From that you cannot see what shell is in use or other details that might matter.

We've also added similar Ant exec calls to execute "set", "env" and "id"
commands and tried to verify if e.g. TZ variable differs. But all the variables (LC_*, TZ)
are same.

Any ideas how to solve this or how to find out where exactly the problem is? Our guess is
that it's related to way Continuum executes Ant as a shell command.

  Otto

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in
error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination
or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues
dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement
à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par
erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées
de ce message, sont interdites.