continuum-users mailing list archives

From "John Coleman" <john.cole...@eurobase-international.com>
Subject RE: deployment
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:08:08 GMT
Thanks.

We have version 1.0.3.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Napoleon Esmundo C. Ramirez
[mailto:napoleonesmundocarpioramirez@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 July 2007 14:39
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: deployment

Hello John,

What version are you using?  IIRC, the Deployment Repository Directory
is no
longer used in 1.1.  It is much better to use the
<distributionManagement>
of the project.

The simplest usage of the <distributionManagement> is like this:

<distributionManagement>
  <site>
    <id>deployment-server</id>
    <url>protocol://hostname/path</url>
  </site>
</distributionManagement>

The supported protocols include scp, sftp, ftp and webdav.  If the url
is a
secure resource, you may need to map the corresponding credentials in
your
settings.xml like:

<server>
  <id>deployment-server</id>
  <username>myusername</username>
  <password>mypassword</password>
</server>

Take note that the <id> should be the same.

More info at the Maven site.  I hope this helps. :)

Cheers!
Nap

On 7/25/07, John Coleman <john.coleman@eurobase-international.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am building my projects in continuum using the Maven deploy phase. I
> have created a directory under the app server area to hold
deployments,
> and set this up in continuums Deployment Repository Directory setting.
> How do I configure distributionManagement in my POM to use that
> directory?
>

> TIA
>
> John
>

> Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are
unable
> to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails. Any
> and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are not
necessarily
> those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any contractual
obligations
> in respect of any part of its business in any E-mail.
>
> Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message
and
> /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee(s)
> only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the / an
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or
dissemination of
> this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this
transmission
> in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete this E-mail.
>
> Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for
any
> defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail
transmission.
> E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free,
as
> messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed, contain
viruses, or
> arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept any responsibility
for
> viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.
>
> Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase
> International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number
> 02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford,
Essex