continuum-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Dehon <odn...@gmail.com>
Subject Run different goals on different schedules for a project group
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:31:57 GMT
Hi,

For my project group, I would like to setup an hourly build with the
"clean deploy" phases, and only a daily build of the "clean deploy
site-deploy"
phases. This is because the site-deploy is very resource-intensive and I
can live
with the documentation being one day out-of-sync with the code.

The problem I am facing is that the daily build will never get kicked off
because the scm changes have already been "consumed" by the hourly build.

I tried the "Build fresh" option for the daily build, but this creates
unnecessary daily snapshot versions with no changes, which will quickly
clobber my snapshot repository.

Is there a way to force a build on a schedule without actually building
fresh?
Just the way that the build is forced when you run it "on demand"?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any pointers.

-Olivier