continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Randall Fidler" <randall.fid...@testadvantage.com>
Subject RE: Maven 2 - POM Hookup Question
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 04:33:20 GMT
Wendy,

	What protocols does the URL support?  Does it have to be HTTP or
can FTP work?  Just peeking around there's a FTP plugin for Perforce
which could provide access to the poms.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Randall

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:22 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Maven 2 - POM Hookup Question

On 5/22/07, Randall Fidler <randall.fidler@testadvantage.com> wrote:

> When providing Continuum with a Maven POM via URL, what URL?  POM's
> sitting on a local Maven repository?  The pom which is located in/on
the
> projects website (i.e. website generated by site goal in maven)?
Where
> is this POM located?  Also, how does this work for multi-module POMs?
> Assuming they'd have their own maven project and you can point to the
> pom there?

Usually, it's the pom sitting in the project's source control
repository, which is often visible via a http or https url.  Is that
an option for your project?

Once Continuum retrieves the pom, it uses the (different) url in the
<scm> element to check out the source code.

When the pom has modules, they will get added to the project group as
individual projects.  I'm not sure at which step that happens, but it
does happen.

--
Wendy