continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Randall Fidler" <randall.fid...@testadvantage.com>
Subject RE: Maven 2 - POM Hookup Question
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 04:27:34 GMT
Hi Wendy,

	Projects are sitting inside Perforce - would you use the
Perforce web interface to expose the pom?  The Perforce web setup is
basically the normal p4 client but web implementation (from my little
experience with it).

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Randall

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:22 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Maven 2 - POM Hookup Question

On 5/22/07, Randall Fidler <randall.fidler@testadvantage.com> wrote:

> When providing Continuum with a Maven POM via URL, what URL?  POM's
> sitting on a local Maven repository?  The pom which is located in/on
the
> projects website (i.e. website generated by site goal in maven)?
Where
> is this POM located?  Also, how does this work for multi-module POMs?
> Assuming they'd have their own maven project and you can point to the
> pom there?

Usually, it's the pom sitting in the project's source control
repository, which is often visible via a http or https url.  Is that
an option for your project?

Once Continuum retrieves the pom, it uses the (different) url in the
<scm> element to check out the source code.

When the pom has modules, they will get added to the project group as
individual projects.  I'm not sure at which step that happens, but it
does happen.

--
Wendy