continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum enhancement requests
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 01:05:06 GMT
> I want to toss out some enhancement requests I got last week in a
> meeting, and see if there is any feedback before I open issues.
>
> 1. The 'use cached credentials' checkbox should default to 'on'.  When
> adding a project, we always want that box checked.  (I'd like to have
> a configurable default for this.)
>
> 2. The ability to edit the scm userid/password and 'use cached
> credentials' checkbox at the project group level.  See above... when
> you forget to check the box when adding a project with 15 modules,
> there's a lot of clicking to do to fix it.

Agreed

> 3. Prepare for Release should have group-level fields.  Right now if
> you don't like the defaults you have to change them for every module.
> It would be nice to enter it once and have that take effect for all
> the modules you're releasing.

Yes, I agree - I think maybe a "fill down" type javascript on the page
might be good.

> 4. The build logs for prepare and perform release should be accessible
> after the fact.  Maybe in the list of build results?

Yes, I agree - in general we need to tie this mechanism into the build queue.

> 5. Scheduled outages.  When you know your Subversion repo is going to
> be down for maintenance, it would be nice to be able to tell Continuum
> "don't run any scheduled builds from 8-10PM on Friday night."

This can already be done with the schedule, but making it easier to
use would be good. Also once off blackouts might be useful.

> 6. Better handling of errors when svn is down.  Currently all the
> builds go into an error state and will not recover on their own.  You
> have to either force a build, or wait for a change to trigger another
> build.  The actual request was for this kind of error to simply take
> the project out of the schedule pending human intervention, to avoid
> the hourly error emails.

Definitely agreed.

- Brett