continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Kolodziej, Maciej" <Maciej.Kolodz...@sabre-holdings.com>
Subject RE: Custom Notifier
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 13:16:30 GMT
Emmanuel,

I'm also creating a custom notifier for my project. I created a test version by copying the
original mail notifier to a different package, created my own jar file and put it into apps/continuum/lib.
I also copied the proper fragment of application.xml, changing only the roleHint and class
name.

When I run a build on my local continuum install, I get a NullPointerException from the code
where it uses the "continuum" field (calls continuum.getChangesSinceLastSuccess()). So it
seems continuum object is not injected. But the original email notifier was working without
it. When I add a "requirement" tag with continuum class name (copied from "load-on-start"
tag) I get the following exception after the build status changes from FAILURE to SUCCESS:

2007-05-15 14:30:58,130 [Thread-2] ERROR ContinuumNotificationDispatcher - Error
 while trying to use the custom-mailnotifier.
org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Error while generating m
ail contents.
        at com.sabre.hotels.tools.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotif
ier.buildComplete(MailContinuumNotifier.java:296)
        at com.sabre.hotels.tools.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotif
ier.sendNotification(MailContinuumNotifier.java:211)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationD
ispatcher.sendNotification(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:173)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationD
ispatcher.buildComplete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:96)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.bui
ld(DefaultBuildController.java:378)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.e
xecuteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:47)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Exe
cutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: javax.jdo.JDODetachedFieldAccessException: You have just attempted to
 access field "scmResult" yet this field was not detached when you detached the
object. Either dont access this field, or detach the field when detaching the ob
ject.
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.BuildResult.jdoGetscmResult(
BuildResult.java)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.BuildResult.getScmResult(Bui
ldResult.java:202)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.getChangesSinceLastSucces
s(DefaultContinuum.java:656)
        at com.sabre.hotels.tools.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotif
ier.buildComplete(MailContinuumNotifier.java:254)
        ... 7 more

Any ideas how to make it work?

Thanks,
Maciek.