continuum-users mailing list archives

From Martin Ahrer <martin.ah...@gmx.at>
Subject MailSender configuration for continuum 1.1-alpha on tomcat
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 11:24:30 GMT

I'm running continuum 1.1-alpha on tomcat 5.5.x and want to utilize the mail
notifier. With the standalone continuum 1.0.x version I only would add

    <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSender</role>

<implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.JavamailMailSender</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <smtp-host>myhostname</smtp-host>
        <smtp-port>25</smtp-port>
        <sslProvider>com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider</sslProvider>
        <username>mymailusername</username>
        <password>mymailpassword</password>
        <sslMode>false</sslMode>
      </configuration>
    </component>

to get this working. How can I setup the user credentials (user+password)
when running on Tomcat.

I have tried the following resource configuration but it does not seem to do
the job!

<Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
	            type="javax.mail.Session"
	            mail.smtp.host="mymailhost"
	            mail.user="mymailuser"
	            mail.password="mymailpassword"
	            mail.debug="true"/>

I get:

EHLO xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
250-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx GMX Mailservices
250-8BITMIME
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-SIZE
250-AUTH=LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
250-AUTH CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN
250 STARTTLS
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "8BITMIME", arg ""
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES", arg ""
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "SIZE", arg ""
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "AUTH=LOGIN", arg "CRAM-MD5 PLAIN"
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "AUTH", arg "CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN"
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "STARTTLS", arg ""
DEBUG SMTP: use8bit false
MAIL FROM:<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
550 5.7.0 Need to authenticate via SMTP-AUTH-Login {mp029}
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.0 Need to authenticate
via SMTP-AUTH-Login {mp029}