continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Project build order for multiple Maven 2 projects - Alphabetical by Project Name?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 07:48:16 GMT
Hi Emmanual et al,
After a few hours migrating our 15 plus projects to Continuum 1.1 we now
have everything up and running. I've been impressed with 1.1 (great work).

2 issues thus far:

Issue 1 - Do we delete Project sub-modules?
Consider the scenario:

Project Group "MyBigProject"
	Project A
		pom.xml
		Module 1
			pom.xml

		Module 2
			pom.xml

	Project B
	Project C

 * in Continuum 1.0.3 if you had a project of the above format when adding
each Maven 2 project you would have to delete "Module 1" and "Module 2" to
leave a single "Project A". You then delete the "-no-recurse" option on the
Maven build line so it builds the whole project.

In Continuum 1.1 it uses the dependencies to determine the build order.
Given that the root pom of each projects do not have any of their 'own'
dependencies (they just define dependencies used by sub-modules) should we
still be deleting "Module 1", "Module 2" etc?

Issue 2 - Performance
Out of the box Continuum 1.1 appears much, much slower than 1.0.3. For
example, it takes 30 secs+ after I click "MyBigProject" to display the
contents of the Project Group which has 10 Projects.

Are there any logging settings/go faster buttons that would help improve
performance?

Regards,
Shaun.