continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ben Mills <Ben.Mi...@intalgent.com>
Subject MySQL instead of Apache Derby
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:51:30 GMT
Greetings,

Using Continuum 1.0.3 on Linux (CentOS 4.4)

I assume the default install/setup for Continuum 1.0.3 uses Derby in
an "embedded environment in which only a single application can
access a database at one time, and no network access occurs. When an
application starts an instance of Derby within its JVM, the
application runs in an embedded environment and loading the embedded
driver starts Derby."

1) Has anyone out there configured continuum to use MySQL instead of
Derby?
2) Or perhaps the Derby client/server environment?

3) Can I access the Derby tables in any way with the default
(embedded) setup?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ben