continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pom.xml URL - CVS access
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:35:01 GMT
I've run into the same problem recently while attempting to implement
Continuum at my current client's site. I've had no problems with
Continuum at other sites but this particular security/authorization
issue is causing issues. They are not running CVS but instead SVN,
using the Apache2 Web DAV plugin and SSPI modules, to limit access
(even read-only) to people who successfully log in to the domain etc.
This overabundance of security is making things difficult -- don't ask
me why dev teams cannot see each other's code!

So my proposed workaround is to set up another SVN instance on another
port that is wide-open and read-only, and then limit access to that
instance in the Apache conf so only that machine itself can access the
SVN. I'm not positive this will work, as it is still being discussed
and has yet to be implemented, but that's the best idea I've come up
with thus far.

I'd assume you could implement something similar.

Wayne