continuum-users mailing list archives

From egarza <ega...@irise.com>
Subject JNDI mail/Session not located and Register emails not being sent
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:25:16 GMT

Issue 1: I have deployed the most recent Continuum SNAPSHOT to Tomcat 5.5.23
on AIX, revision 530476. I have used the TOMCAT setup instructions from the
wiki. When using JNDI I have setup the context correctly I think.

<Resource
    name="mail/Session"
    type="javax.mail.Session"
    auth="Container"
    mail.smtp.user="xxxxx"
    password="xxxxxx"
    mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
    mail.smtp.auth="true"
    mail.smtp.host="xxxx.xxx.xxx"
    mail.debug="true"
    mail.from="xxxx@xxx.xx"/>

I have applied the fix for the MailSession issue. Everytime an email gets
sent I get an SMTP AuthenticationFailed exception, as my Relay server
requires authentication. It seems the rest of the attributes are ignored
from continuum.xml. If I replace the JNDI MailSender component in
application.xml with this, emails get sent correctly:

 <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSender</role>

<implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.JavamailMailSender</implementation>
          <configuration>
             <smtpHost>xxxxx.xxxxx.xxx</smtpHost>
             <smtpPort>xxxx</smtpPort>
             <username>xxxx</username>
             <password>xxxx</password>
          </configuration>
    </component>

Issue 2: With the application.xml change above, which allows Continuum to
send emails on builds, when a user registers, they are not emailed by
Continuum.

--
Eric Garza