continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Question on arguments
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:14:14 GMT

Chris Russell a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Can someone tell me what the following arguments do and why I would use
> (or remove) them:
> --batch-mode --non-recursive

They are mvn arguments, run 'mvn -h' and you'll see all arguments.

-B,--batch-mode               Run in non-interactive (batch) mode
-N,--non-recursive            Do not recurse into sub-projects

So with these options continuum will build only the top level project (not sub-modules child1,
child2...) in a non-interactive mode when you launch a build on top-level project.

> In my project I have one parent pom and 4 child poms:
>
> top level
> --- child 1
> --- child 2
> --- child 3
> --- child 4
>
> I'm not sure which parameters I should have on each project.

Default parameters set by continuum are good. But in some case, users want to build the top-level
project with child modules in the same build, in this case, they remove --non-recursive argument
And continuum will build top-level with modules, child1, child2, child4

> Also, everything is working great when I hit the "Build All" button. I'm
> trying to get things working via the Scheduled runs.

the scheduled run work in the same way and the schedule is pre-configured to run every hours.

Emmanuel