continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Morgovsky, Alexander \(US - Glen Mills\)" <amorgov...@deloitte.com>
Subject RE: Problems adding Maven2 project through URL
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:22:55 GMT
Here is the set-up which I have.  I have Apache Web Server in front of
SVN, and I add POM's in Continuum by using
Maven 2, and I made sure that my settings.xml was in the home directory
of the user who started the Continuum server.  Please let us know if
this helps.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Russell [mailto:chris.russell@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 10:08 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems adding Maven2 project through URL

Hi Roland,

I never could get it to pull from SVN
(svn://se-scm.oracle.com/se/ml3/trunk/orion/apps/helpdesk). My
workaround was to create a similar directory structure on the same linux

box as Continuum, and upload the POM's there (but it doesn't have to be
the same machine).  I created this new set of directories under the http

root area for apache (i.e. apache/htdocs). Then I could give Continuum a

url like this: http://wd2013.us.oracle.com:7777/pom.xml and it would
then pull in my project and sub-projects. I realize that you didn't
install apache.

To make things easier, I also created a shell script to do the copying
of my POM files from their checkout location to the htdocs directory as
I was always making some kind of change.

I'm new to Continuum, so I hope that there's a better way to do this.

Thanks,
Chris

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=3104276&framed=y&skin=177

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=9042261&framed=y&skin=177

>> there Emmanuel refer to the Maven 2 URL format definition
>> (http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html).
>>
>> So my questions are, do i have to specify the filename pom.xml in the

>> URL?
>> Should i build Continuum from HEAD, to get latest version, and in
>> this latest version is the svn protocol supported?
>>

>> My env:
>> - Windows 2000
>> - Maven 2.0.4
>> - Continuum 1.0.3