continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Morgovsky, Alexander \(US - Glen Mills\)" <amorgov...@deloitte.com>
Subject RE: Settings.xml not being recognized by Continuum
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:49:14 GMT
Thanks.  I would like to as ask what permissions should the "continuum
user" have?
-----Original Message-----
From: Jo Vandermeeren [mailto:jo.vandermeeren@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:08 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Settings.xml not being recognized by Continuum

Hi Alexander,

Actually it's good practice to create an appropriate user for the
service..
So, you should create a user on the local machine called "continuum" for
example..

Then, log in as user "continuum" on the machine and make sure that maven
and
subversion client (or whatever scm client you use) works appropriately.
Build your application and if everything works, install continuum as a
service (on windows it's bin/win32/InstallService.bat or something)..

You can save your settings.xml file as "C:\Documents and
Settings\continuum\.m2\settings.xml"..

Then, go to the "Start>Run...>" , type "services.msc" and press enter..
This
will bring up a window with services settings..
You can now assign the "continuum" user to service "continuum", enter
the
password for the user, and voila.. it works..

Good luck
Jo

On 3/1/07, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
<amorgovsky@deloitte.com>