continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Morgovsky, Alexander \(US - Glen Mills\)" <amorgov...@deloitte.com>
Subject RE: Settings.xml not being recognized by Continuum
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:23:39 GMT
Excellent point, thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:20 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Settings.xml not being recognized by Continuum

Yes, I didn't quite go this far in my email but its really a good idea
to set up local user accounts with very limited functionality for each
product/service and then install services and have them run under that
account.

Then if we discover a root exploit in Continuum, you don't really have
to worry too much about your entire server getting compromised and
losing all your data since the damage would be limited to only the
data your Continuum instance has access to.

This is a best practice on any operating system for a server.

Wayne

On 3/1/07, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
<amorgovsky@deloitte.com> wrote:
> Excellent, thank you for your help.

appropriately.