continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Hendrikse Z. (Zeger)" <>
Subject RE: Nightly schedule not working
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:00:43 GMT

> I have setup a Maven 2 multiproject in Continuum and created
> 2 goals for the
> project, one goal is 'clean install' which runs on the
> default schedule on
> an hourly basis, the other goal is 'site-deploy deploy' which run on a
> nightly schedule at 10 pm each night.  The problem is when
> code are checked
> in, the 'clean install' goal executes correctly every hour,
> but the night
> schedule doesn't get executed, so it is not doing the
> 'site-deploy deploy'
> at night, it seems this only happens to mulitprojects, I
> didn't have this
> problem if it is a single project, has anyone experience this
> problem also?
> thanks.

Yes, *exactly* the problem we stumbled upon as well!
This is because at the time the site must be built,
there are no more changes compared to the version in CVS,
and Continuum only builds if changes are found. Of course,
at 10pm all changes have already been processed by the
default schedule running on an hourly basis!

What we would like is a scheduled forced build.
However, Continuum 1.0.3 does not support this.

We wrote a small stand-alone Java application which
simulates the button press of the forced build using
commons-httpclient, but this remains an ugly hack of course!

Kind regards,

Zeger Hendrikse.

Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan en gebruik door
anderen is niet toegestaan. Fortis sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit
electronische verzending.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or
made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s). Fortis rules out any and
every liability resulting from any electronic transmission.

View raw message