continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wojtek Ciesielski <ccm...@interia.pl>
Subject maven local repository within SVN..
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:07:27 GMT
Hi there,

We're trying to set up continuous building infrastructure and
incorporate  Maven 2.0 in line with know best-practices. What I've read
is that it's a good idea to put maven installation to the SCM system -
because of this we can share maven-wide settings.xml among members of a
team. There are several obvious advantages of this solution but a
question arises - how can I configure continuum building server if a
maven installation is in the same svn repository as the project I'm
trying to build? The same goes with putting whole local repository into
the SVN - but If I understand well we could skip it when we create
internal remote maven repository.

BTW - do you know any materials regarding setting up full building
system with maven 2.0? Currently I'm basing my knowledge on the "Better
Builds with Maven" book.

Thanks in advance,
Wojtek