continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jo Vandermeeren" <jo.vandermee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question: single project spanning multiple repository locations
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:25:55 GMT
hi Dirk,

You need to define each repository location as a maven module in a
pom-packaged parent project.

Once you've done this, you could add the pom to continuum and it will create
5 entries: 1 for each trunk and 1 for the parent.
You could easily setup continuum to enable recursive builds. This will
trigger the builds of the child modules when the parent module gets built.
But then you'll probably want to remove the continuum entries for the child
modules.

This is very easy, because it's the default maven behaviour..
Continuum adds by default the "non-recursive" flag to a project build,
because otherwise the child modules would be built twice.

You will get 4 artifacts (jars probably) representing each trunk (if they
are seperately compilable)..

Here's some information on enabling a recursive build:
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/faqs.html#build-entire-project-recursively-from-parent

Good luck
Jo