continuum-users mailing list archives

From Eric Rose <e...@forge.com.au>
Subject Re: SCM problems
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 03:17:25 GMT
On Friday 02 February 2007 19:27, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> joakim.zetterberg@ica.se a écrit :
> > I'm not sure if this is the correct answer, but I had the same problem
> > (although with SourceSafe), and as far as I could understand it, it was
> > due to
> > the fact that when you trigger the build, you check out the source code,
> > which includes the POM file.
> >
> > Since the POM file in cvs contains the old scm url, it overwrites the one
> > in the build definition, although I'm not really sure why. I almost went
> > nuts over this until I
> > figured it out.

I wish it didn't. Currently tring to accommodate that behaviour breaks
otherwise functional configuration (see below).

> > My solution was to modify the POM file, check it in, then either change
> > the build definition or remove and add the project again.
> > It has worked flawless ever since.
>
> Yes, it's the correct solution. scm informations in pom must be correct.

I changing this at one point, but then maven failed (in building the site,
IIRC) when I tried to build the project manually, complaining about an
invalid SCM URL, and it wasn't until I changed it back that I could build the
project.

Eric