continuum-users mailing list archives

From David Leangen <contin...@leangen.net>
Subject Syntax for file:/// url
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:02:01 GMT

Hi!

I have a multi-module project that I'd like to add. I downloaded a local
copy of my repo using "svn up" and I am trying to use a pom from there
to add the project.

However, I keep getting the error message:

  [ You must provide a valid url (http, https, ftp and file
   protocols are allowed) ]

The continuum logs aren't helping me much. There's no info there telling
me what is wrong.

I've tried these:

  file://home/continuum/bla/pom.xml
  file://home/continuum/bla/pom.xml
  file:/home/continuum/bla/pom.xml
  file://localhost/home/continuum/bla/pom.xml
  file:///for/the/love/of/god!!

... and probably every other combination I can think of.

Is continuum not expecting a regular java url using the file://
protocol?

I've worked with URLHandlers before, and I could swear that a file URL
is in the form:

  file:///path/to/file

(i.e. hostname not required

My permissions are correct.