continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Heal" <th...@pace2020.com>
Subject JAVA_HOME
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:00:23 GMT
I need some help in setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable to run when
the server is restarted? I use JAVA_HOME for several programs and I can not
figure out how to set this for continuum.

I can get this set in every app except apache/maven continuum. I have tried
the following in the startup script in /etc/init.d/continuum and both will
work if I log in and restart continuum manually, but do not work if the
server is restarted and I do not log in.

1)         I added the following lines at the beginning of the init script

     JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03

     Export JAVA_HOME

And

2) created a file with the following content

     JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03

     Export JAVA_HOME

I then sourced this file at the beginning of the init script

    . test.txt

I have both the variable and export lines in my profile, so when I log into
the server and start continuum it starts up and I can run a build, because
JAVA_HOME is set by the profile. If I log out continuum continues to operate
and I am still able to complete a build, apparently because the app has
already determined when JAVA_HOME is.

If I remark out the variable and export lines from my profile, continuum
will run, but I can not get a build to complete. I get these same results if
I do not log in.

With the lines remarked out in my profile I can add the JAVA_HOME to the
path and get a build to complete, but the PATH gets unset when I log out.

Any help would be great

Tony