continuum-users mailing list archives

From Robert Dale <robert.d...@duke.edu>
Subject Re: Running Continuum WAR on JBoss 4.0.5
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:59:17 GMT
Hilco,

Create a Derby datasource bound to java:comp/env/jdbc/continuum
or dig through the configuration to change the binding name.

If you don't want to use Derby, then you'll probably have to do some more
digging
to see what databases are supported by the underlying persistence layer
and how
to configure it.

--
Robert Dale

"Hilco Wijbenga" <hilco.wijbenga@gmail.com> wrote on 12/15/2006 02:38:15
PM:

> [...]
> the JBoss deploy directory and requested http://localhost/continuum.
>
> The WAR fails to deploy, I get several very long stacktraces in the
> JBoss' default/server.log file.
>
> I can deploy proximity's WAR so I think my JBoss install is ok.
>
> Should I be able to deploy the Continuum WAR like this? Do I need to
> do something in the WAR before I deploy it? Set some property during
> the build?
>
> The problem appears to be related to the database (i.e. I think it's a
> JDBC connection problem).
>
> Cheers,
> Hilco
>
> P.S. I tried 'mvn jetty:run' but I got "The plugin
> 'org.codehaus.mojo:jetty-maven-plugin' does not exist or no valid
> version could be found" so no love there.
> P.P.S. Part of the stacktraces I get:
> 2006-12-15 19:28:59,473 INFO  [STDOUT] 2006-12-15 19:28:59,472 [main]
> INFO  PlexusContainer                - Loading on start [role]:
> [org.apache.maven.continuum.Continuum]
> 2006-12-15 19:29:00,879 INFO  [STDOUT] 2006-12-15 19:29:00,872 [main]
> ERROR [/continuum]                   - Exception sending context
> initialized event to listener instance of class
> org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusLifecycleListener
> org.jpox.exceptions.ConnectionFactoryNotFoundException: Connection
> Factory "java:comp/env/jdbc/continuum" not found
>         at org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManagerFactory.
> lookupDataSource(AbstractPersistenceManagerFactory.java:175)
>         at org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManagerFactory.
> freezeConfiguration(AbstractPersistenceManagerFactory.java:212)
>         at org.jpox.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.
> getPersistenceManagerFactory(PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl.java:99)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.
> invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.
> getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:534)
>         at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.
> getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:478)
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.AbstractConfigurableJdoFactory.
> doConfigure(AbstractConfigurableJdoFactory.java:134)
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.AbstractConfigurableJdoFactory.
> configure(AbstractConfigurableJdoFactory.java:101)
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.AbstractConfigurableJdoFactory.
> getPersistenceManagerFactory(AbstractConfigurableJdoFactory.java:64)
>         at org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.
> initialize(JdoContinuumStore.java:106)
> <snip/>
>
> and
>
> NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound
>         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
>         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
>         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
>         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)
>         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:270)
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:625)
>         at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:716)
>         at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:587)