continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Drummond Daren - dadrum" <Daren.Drumm...@acxiom.com>
Subject Problems adding M2 top level pom.xml
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:24:14 GMT
Hi All,

I'm having problems trying to add my top level multi-project Maven2
pom.xml to Continuum.  My sources are stored in a SourceForge integrated
cvs server that absolutely requires form-based authentication before
accessing the sources via https.  Unfortunately there is no way I can
disable this.  So far I haven't figured out a way to make Continuum
handle the login form redirection and submit action that is required
when using the https protocol, so I'm looking for alternative ideas.

Since I have no problems getting the sources via the scm protocol via
the command line (scm delegates to cvs which delegates security to ssh
using my public/private key pair  - no login prompt).  I had hoped that
I could use the scm protocol in the "M2 POM url" field, however I get
the exception below when adding <allowedScheme>scm</allowedScheme> to
application.xml and trying to submit my scm url
(scm:cvs:ext:mylogon@acxcvs.corp.mycorp.net:/cvsroot/impact/pom.xml).
This seems like it should be supported.

I also enabled the "file" protocol as an allowed Scheme and tried
pointing to my top level pom.xml like so
"file://C:/di/cm50/dev/pom.xml".  This url works in my browser, but
Continuum says it can't find the file.  Did I mess up the file url
format?

Do I have to write a shell script and set this up as a Shell project in
Continuum?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daren

The exception encountered when using the scm url:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.validation.UrlValidator.isValid(UrlValidator
.java:292)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.validation.UrlValidator.validate(UrlValidato
r.java:250)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.DefaultFormManager.validateElements(DefaultF
ormManager.java:195)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.DefaultFormManager.validate(DefaultFormManag
er.java:124)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.DefaultFormManager.validate(DefaultFormManag
er.java:114)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.action.AbstractEntityAction.execute(Abstract
EntityAction.java:107)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.valve.ActionValve.invoke(ActionValve
.java:68)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.AbstractPipeline.invoke(AbstractPipe
line.java:70)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.Summit.doGet(Summit.java:54)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.Summit.doPost(Summit.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:294)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:525)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:789)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:960)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:806)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:218
)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:331)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:520)
privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.