continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Langridge" <Lang...@cpw.co.uk>
Subject RE: Problems adding M2 top level pom.xml
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:19:38 GMT
Hi,

I cant help with the CVS issue unfortunately but the URL format you are
trying to use is incorrect. It should be as follows:

file://localhost/c:/di/cm50/dev/pom.xml

Cheers,

Rob Langridge

-----Original Message-----
From: Drummond Daren - dadrum [mailto:Daren.Drummond@acxiom.com]
Sent: 09 December 2006 21:24
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Problems adding M2 top level pom.xml

Hi All,

I'm having problems trying to add my top level multi-project Maven2
pom.xml to Continuum.  My sources are stored in a SourceForge integrated
cvs server that absolutely requires form-based authentication before
accessing the sources via https.  Unfortunately there is no way I can
disable this.  So far I haven't figured out a way to make Continuum
handle the login form redirection and submit action that is required
when using the https protocol, so I'm looking for alternative ideas.

Since I have no problems getting the sources via the scm protocol via
the command line (scm delegates to cvs which delegates security to ssh
using my public/private key pair  - no login prompt).  I had hoped that
I could use the scm protocol in the "M2 POM url" field, however I get
the exception below when adding <allowedScheme>scm</allowedScheme> to
application.xml and trying to submit my scm url
(scm:cvs:ext:mylogon@acxcvs.corp.mycorp.net:/cvsroot/impact/pom.xml).
This seems like it should be supported.

I also enabled the "file" protocol as an allowed Scheme and tried
pointing to my top level pom.xml like so
"file://C:/di/cm50/dev/pom.xml".  This url works in my browser, but
Continuum says it can't find the file.  Did I mess up the file url
format?

Do I have to write a shell script and set this up as a Shell project in
Continuum?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daren

The exception encountered when using the scm url:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.validation.UrlValidator.isValid(UrlValidator
.java:292)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.validation.UrlValidator.validate(UrlValidato
r.java:250)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.DefaultFormManager.validateElements(DefaultF
ormManager.java:195)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.DefaultFormManager.validate(DefaultFormManag
er.java:124)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.DefaultFormManager.validate(DefaultFormManag
er.java:114)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.action.AbstractEntityAction.execute(Abstract
EntityAction.java:107)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.valve.ActionValve.invoke(ActionValve
.java:68)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.AbstractPipeline.invoke(AbstractPipe
line.java:70)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.Summit.doGet(Summit.java:54)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.Summit.doPost(Summit.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:615)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:294)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:525)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:789)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:960)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:806)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:218
)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:331)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:520)
***
intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.
****

This communication together with any attachments transmitted with it ("this E-Mail") is intended
only for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged and confidential.
 If the reader of this E-Mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited.  Addressees should
check this E-mail for viruses.  The Company makes no representations as regards the absence
of viruses in this E-Mail.  If you have received this E-Mail in error please notify our IT
Service Desk immediately by e-mail at postmaster@cpw.co.uk  Please then immediately delete,
erase or otherwise destroy this E-Mail and any copies of it.

Any opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily constitute
the views of the Company.  Nothing in this E-Mail shall bind the Company in any contract or
obligation.

For the purposes of this E-Mail "the Company" means The Carphone Warehouse Group Plc and/or
any of its subsidiaries.

Please feel free to visit our website:  http:// www.carphonewarehouse.com or http://www.phonehouse.com

The Carphone Warehouse Group Plc (Registered in England No. 3253714) 1 Portal Way, London
W3 6RS