continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Gallardo" <jorgeagalla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build on success, fail, error
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:01:01 GMT
Hi to everyone again

I ve been looking the continuum source code to understand how project states
are considered. I found some classes that describe the building process and
I want to share my analysis because I need to know if I m going to the
correct direction.

ContinuumProjectState class describes possible project states
DefaultBuildController class in the core module has a build method that have
all the main logic of the process. As i see, the only state considered is
the FAIL state, so I understand that it is used when Continuum couldn't
download the sources or other things that doesn't have any control over,
like the problem i have, the svn server goes down.
Then, if everything is OK, the logic references another class, named
ExecuteBuilderContinuumAction, which is in charge of executing the build of
the project. Here are considered the FAIL and SUCCESS states.

So, returning to the original problem, If I assign ERROR notification to
project leaders, they will be the only advised of the problem, and the other
part of the team will not be "mail bombed", every 5-10 minutes.

So, can someone tell me if I m correct ?