continuum-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam.ma...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject SCM integration issue with deleted files
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:42:39 GMT
I keep seeing a problem with continuum when a developer deletes a file.

Sometimes but not always continuum fails to delete the file from its
working directory. Then at some point soon afterwards, that deleted
class file will no longer compile, so the build fails and I receive a
notification.

What is the best procedure to deal with this? Must I hunt down the
deleted files and manually delete them?

In a rush this morning, I deleted everything in /working-dir/ with rm -rf *

Continuum did not like it. When I launched the build, it stopped
immediately with:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.lookup.DefaultConverterLookup.findConverterForType(DefaultConverterLookup.java:115)

I had to restart continuum, and then the first build attempt died badly
with this:

Exception:
Cannot checkout sources.
null

but on the second attempt it behaved OK. Why is the working-dir so
important? Can't continuum detect that it needs to check out the sources
again? Is there a better way to delete all the sources without causing
this mess?

Thanks
Adam