continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Morgovsky, Alexander \(US - Glen Mills\)" <amorgov...@deloitte.com>
Subject RE: Diverse Repositories
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:28:44 GMT
If I have three diverse children, and each one of these has submodules themselves, should I
consider these to be three children independent of each other and separately add them to the
Continuum build?  If so, if the order of building them is A, C, and B, for example, how should
I configure the order in which Maven 2 builds these, since I cannpt declare them in the main
parent anymore?  Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 11:22 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Diverse Repositories

If children are in different souce repositories, I considerate them as different project and
mustn't
be declare as module in your parent pom.

The file protocol is already supported (since the first version), but it is desactivated by
default.
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/faqs.html#can-i-use-file-protocol-in-add-project-view

Emmanuel

Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills) a écrit :
> What work-around do you recommend for me to use if I have children which
> are housed in different source code repositories from the parent, since
> the source code repository which is read from the parent is assumed for
> the children?  Will the file:// protocol work here?
>

> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message.

> Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]