continuum-users mailing list archives

From Michael Kearney <michaelkear...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: SCM URL field not sticky/not updating on web interface
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:44:20 GMT
(intro removed)
> I'm running Continuum 1.0.3 on Solaris 10 and I
> originally ran as root but switched to user 'continuum'.  Any idea what I might
> have done to myself?
>
>      Thanks,
>        Michael

Michael Kearney <michaelkearney <at> comcast.net> writes:
Well,  it was a self-inflicted problem.
I want to use the RUN_AS_USER setting to be 'continuum'.
When I do that, the continuum user can't write the .pid file so
I changed the permissions on the directory but now the GUI doesn't work.

I reinstalled and am running sucessfully as root.

So my general question is:

Has anyone sucessfully configured Continuum on a Unix machine to run
under a different (non-root) userid?
What are the best practices for the userid that owns the CVS database,
published website, and other build products?

         Best Regards,
              Michael