continuum-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam.ma...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject settings.xml location
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:30:44 GMT
I am setting up profiles for various different deploy-environments / customer
sites and users, storing variables for use in filtering classpath and web
resources.

The settings.xml that I edit extensively in m2-home/conf/ is currently not in
source control and I want to ask where would be best to keep it.

It would be ideal if continuum checked out the latest copy from the scm each time.

however the default location in the maven installation directory is out of
continuum's reach. in fact unless I kept the settings.xml in each project, then
continuum is never going to check out the latest version. So it seems to me that
there is no automated solution.

Has anyone considered this and is there in fact a solution?

Regards
Adam