continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Toli Kuznets" <t...@marketcetera.com>
Subject XML-RPC scripts to kick off the continuum builds with subversion
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:35:23 GMT
Not sure if this ever made it on this list - i've sent it to the
general maven user list instead a while ago.

hope this helps.
-----

To follow-up on an old thread from
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200607.mbox/%3Cc38ad92d0607141624x6ffc7ec0uf74cbe94860df562@mail.gmail.com%3E

I was forwarded a set of old python scripts (thanks Tom) that
interface with Conntiuum using XML-RPC to force the builds.

These are actually based on the code from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/continuum/trunk/continuum-sandbox/continuum-python/
However, i found that the calling code in python files does not
correspond to the latest in java API:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/continuum/trunk/continuum-xmlrpc/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/xmlrpc/

Anyway, i made some modifications to continuum.py to match the actual
function names and # of params in the Java code, and wrote a simple
script that just always forces all the builds.

To make this work for those of you that want it, make these changes:
1. modify continuum.py to specify the right address for your continuum server
2. modify your <continuum>/app/conf/application.xml to enable XML-RPC
and restart continuum
3. place the .py files somewhere (mine are in <svn-repo>/hooks directory)
3. modify your <svn-repo>/hooks/post-commit file to run the
forceBuilds.py script

enjoy.

if someone with authority wants to add this to the sandbox directory,
that'd be great.

--
Toli Kuznets
http://www.marketcetera.com: Open-Source Trading Platform