continuum-users mailing list archives

From Garrick <gvanschalk...@pps.co.za>
Subject Email Notification using Shell Scripts
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:29:04 GMT
Hi,

I am very new to continuum and need to ask a rather noob question.

We are using version 1.0.3. We are using a shell script to kick off the build
and I want to configure the email notifications. I manually added notifiers but
nothing happens? For Maven 2 projects it appears as though the POM.xml file must
be modified to cater email notifications. Do I need to do something similar for
shell scripts? Also I have changed the applications.xml file to include my smtp
settings but this has not made any difference either. I do not get any errors
when the build completes, but I do not get any emails?

Any assistance is appreciated. A complete step by step explanation will be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Garrick