continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Anoop kumar V" <anoopkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set: No Scheduled build | Only triggered build
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 04:29:57 GMT
Ohh really....??

I have this issue - we have a dev env and a test env. The DEV is more or
less like an integration environment for all developers. The TEST env is
where we finally push code for testing by a separate testing team

We have set these 2 envs as 2 different projects in Continuum. The latest
from CVS is picked up and a build is made for each.

But if a release is going on, and the test team is testing a release (ON
TEST), we wouldnt want to build / deploy into TEST (and mess up the env) -
but it is ok if a build happens on DEV. So we all agreed (TEST and DEV
teams) that we will henceforth use Continuum to do only 'on demand' builds
(only if triggered by the user)....and there would be no scheduled builds.

How can I work around this issue? One way as I have mentioned below is to
specify a very large quiet period....
The other option maybe is to maintain a branch in CVS which will be used
only for TEST, and merge from HEAD into this BRANCH just when we want to
build / deploy into stuff..

Is there some other easier way that I might not have thought about? (like
maybe I can tweak the cron intervals to ensure that a build never happens??
Our testing cycle never goes beyond a week!)

Thanks a lot,
Anoop

--
Thanks and best regards,