continuum-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ryan Slobojan" <rslob...@babycenter.com>
Subject Problems with Contonuum XML-RPC interface
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:02:08 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting the Continuum 1.0.3 XML-RPC interface
to work correctly, and I'm seeking some guidance.

The relevant configuration from the Continuum application.xml is:

    <service>
      <id>xml-rpc</id>
      <configuration>
        <xmlrpc>
          <port>8200</port>
        </xmlrpc>
        <handlers>
          <handler>
 
<role>org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.ContinuumXmlRpc</role>
            <name>continuum</name>
          </handler>
        </handlers>
      </configuration>
    </service>

However, when Continuum is starting up, I see the following message in
the log:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2006/09/05 11:30:28 | [INFO] Deploying appserver
'continuum'.
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2006/09/05 11:30:28 | [INFO] Adding HTTP listener on
*:8080
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2006/09/05 11:30:28 | 11:30:28.111 EVENT  Started
SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:8080
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2006/09/05 11:30:28 | [INFO] Starting Jetty Context
/continuum
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2006/09/05 11:30:28 | 11:30:28.464 EVENT  Started
WebApplicationContext[/continuum,/usr/local/maestro-1.0.1/project-server
/bin/linux/../../apps/continuum/webapp]
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2006/09/05 11:30:28 | [ERROR] No component with the
role 'org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.ContinuumXmlRpc' available.
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2006/09/05 11:30:28 | [INFO] Application Supervisor
is deploying maestro-projectserver-app-1.0.1.
[...]

The fact that the XML-RPC interface is not there is confirmed when I run
the Continuum XML-RPC sample client
(org.apache.maven.continuum.rpc.SampleClient) and pass it an argument of
either http://[server]:8200 or http://[server]:8200/continuum. I get the
following output:

******************************
Projects list
******************************
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception: RPC handler
object "continuum" not found and no default handler registered
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeException(XmlRpcCl
ientResponseProcessor.java:102)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeResponse(XmlRpcCli
entResponseProcessor.java:69)
	at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:72)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:193)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:184)
	at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:177)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.rpc.ProjectsReader.readProjects(ProjectsReade
r.java:66)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.rpc.SampleClient.main(SampleClient.java:45)

Now, I thought that this may have been because of a missing jar or a
missing Plexus component.xml, so I checked on that. In my
application.xml, the defined resources are:

  <resources>
    <jar-repository>${plexus.home}/lib</jar-repository>
    <directory>${plexus.home}/webapp/localization</directory>
  </resources>

And when I look in the specified /lib folder, I see
continuum-xmlrpc-1.0.3-maestro-1.0.1.jar. I also opened it up to confirm
that component.xml looked correct, and I found the following in
/META-INF/plexus/components.xml:

<component-set>
  <components>
    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.XmlRpcHelper</role>
 
<implementation>org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.DefaultXmlRpcHelper</i
mplementation>
    </component>
    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.ContinuumXmlRpc</role>
 
<implementation>org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.DefaultContinuumXmlRpc
</implementation>
      <requirements>
        <requirement>
          <role>org.apache.maven.continuum.Continuum</role>
          <field-name>continuum</field-name>
        </requirement>
        <requirement>
          <role>org.apache.maven.continuum.xmlrpc.XmlRpcHelper</role>
          <field-name>xmlRpcHelper</field-name>
        </requirement>
      </requirements>
    </component>
  </components>
</component-set>

I'm basically stumped, and I'm hoping that someone has an idea what I
can do to try to get this XML-RPC interface up and running.

Thanks,

Ryan Slobojan

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message