continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Garrick Van Schalkwyk" <Gvanschalk...@pps.co.za>
Subject RE: Checking out code
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:41:25 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I am trying to see if there is any activity what so ever, be it cvs or continuum. I am having
a problem with constant timeouts and am trying to indentify any possible errors.

Regards,
Garrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: 12 September 2006 03:11
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Checking out code

You already use the DEBUG mode for all classes that doesn't have a specific hierarchy so you
can't
increase the logging level.

What do you want to see in log? continuum activity or cvs activity?

For continuum, you have the maximum logging level, but for cvs, I think you can activate the
verbose
mode in your .cvsrc

Emmanuel

Garrick Van Schalkwyk a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> I'm not sure which of these would apply to Code check out? Would I need to add anything
additional?

>   -->
> - <component>
>   <role>org.codehaus.plexus.logging.LoggerManager</role>
>   <implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.logging.log4j.Log4JLoggerManager</implementation>

>   <lifecycle-handler>basic</lifecycle-handler>
> - <configuration>
>   <threshold>DEBUG</threshold>
>   <default-appender>console,rolling</default-appender>
> - <appenders>
> - <appender>
>   <id>console</id>
>   <threshold>DEBUG</threshold>
>   <type>org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender</type>
>   <conversion-pattern>%d [%t] %-5p %-30c{1} - %m%n</conversion-pattern>
>   </appender>
> - <appender>
>   <id>rolling</id>
>   <threshold>DEBUG</threshold>
>   <type>org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender</type>
>   <conversion-pattern>%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n</conversion-pattern>
> - <properties>
> - <property>
>   <name>file</name>
>   <value>${plexus.home}/logs/continuum.log</value>
>   </property>
> - <property>
>   <name>append</name>
>   <value>true</value>
>   </property>
> - <property>
>   <name>maxBackupIndex</name>
>   <value>10</value>
>   </property>
> - <property>
>   <name>maxFileSize</name>
>   <value>10MB</value>
>   </property>
>   </properties>
>   </appender>
>   </appenders>
> - <levels>
> - <level>
>   <hierarchy>org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenBuilderHelper</hierarchy>

>   <level>INFO</level>
>   </level>
> - <level>
>   <hierarchy>org.codehaus.plexus.velocity</hierarchy>
>   <level>WARN</level>
>   </level>
> - <level>
>   <hierarchy>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSender</hierarchy>
>   <level>INFO</level>
>   </level>
> - <level>
>   <hierarchy>JPOX</hierarchy>
>   <level>INFO</level>
>   </level>
> - <level>
>   <hierarchy>JPOX.Cache</hierarchy>
>   <level>WARN</level>
>   </level>
>   </levels>
>   </configuration>
>   </component>
>   </components>

place? I am using CVS and the check out process is taking exceptionally long with no messaging
occurring. I would like to set a higher logging level at this point to see what exactly is
happening during this period.