continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph Marques" <simc...@gmail.com>
Subject https 401 error
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 03:57:56 GMT
when trying to add a maven2 project i'm getting the error: "could not
download https://user:pass@server/<project_url>/pom.xml: Server returned
HTTP response code: 401 for URL: https://user:pass@server/
<project_url>/pom.xml.  i can hit and download the pom from both IE and
firefox. any clue as to what's going on?  **i was told in irc that it's
probably because java doesn't know my certificate, which granted is
self-signed, but according to
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/16385/secure-url-validation.patchfrom
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-258 continuum has been using the
all-accepting trust store for quite some time.  any suggestions on why this
might be happening?

oh, and just in case it was a certificate issue, I added the certificate to
the default truststore for my 1.5 installation (setup through JAVA_HOME) at
the console via keytool.  I also added the cert to the truststore associated
with the 1.6 jre registered with the browser (firefox) i'm using.  neither
of those options helped.

-joe