continuum-users mailing list archives

From Vivian Stelller <vivian.stel...@uni-ulm.de>
Subject Continuum behind Apache Proxy
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 06:41:41 GMT
Hello at all,
I want to setup continuum in a subdomain of my Apache 2.0.x managed
domain. It should appear on
    http://continuum.eecoo.net

As far as I know can be done using Apache's mod_rewrite, this is my site
configuration that will be included into httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost continuum.eecoo.net>
    ServerName continuum.eecoo.net

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/$ http://eecoo.net:8888/continuum/servlet/continuum [P]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$
http://eecoo.net:8888/continuum/servlet/continuum/$1 [P]
    RewriteLog  "/var/log/apache2/rewrite.log"
    RewriteLogLevel 3
</VirtualHost>

The logs say that proxiing is done well. Anyway I get some "Forbidden"
error when trying to access the url http://continuum.eecoo.net.

In addition to the configuration above I just uncommented the proxy
configuration in
    [continuum-dir]/apps/continuum/conf/application.xml

It now looks like:
          <webapp>
            <file>${plexus.home}/lib/continuum-web-1.0.3.jar</file>
            <context>/continuum</context>
            <extraction-path>${plexus.home}/webapp</extraction-path>
            <listeners>
              <http-listener>
                <port>8888</port>
              </http-listener>

              <proxy-http-listener>
                <port>8090</port>
                <proxy-host>localhost</proxy-host>
                <proxy-port>80</proxy-port>
              </proxy-http-listener>

            </listeners>
          </webapp>

Any ideas why I'm getting a Forbidden response?
Many thanks in advance.

Vivian Steller