continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: Build rollback
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 05:13:35 GMT
Anoop kumar V wrote:
> I was wondering if Continuum offers a way of automated rollback of a
> failed
> build? This would be a very high priority requirement when using
> Continuum
> on production systems, where in the event of a build failure, the
> continuous
> integration tool would just revert back to the last successful build,
> thereby avoiding a production outage.
I'm not sure I understand what that means.  How would failing to build a
system in CI result in a production outage?  Please tell me you're not
auto-deploying your production system from a continuous integration
system!!

regards,
Christian.

--

*christian** gruber + process coach and architect*

*Israfil Consulting Services Corporation*

*email** cgruber@israfil.net + bus 905.640.1119 + mob 416.998.6023*