continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <Andreas.Gut...@markettools.com>
Subject RE: AddressException in notifying with multiple email addresses
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 04:59:41 GMT
Jonathan,

I tried to follow your example but it does not work for me.  What is
your experience?  You talked about some problems with parent poms.  I
have a definition in the parent pom for ciManagement and that works with
a single mailing list for all sendOns.  After reading your email I tried
to re-define the ciManagement notification in a child pom.  That did not
work as hoped.  Do you think re-defining give problems?  Should I remove
the ciManagement from the parent pom in total and define it in every
single child pom?

Thanks for sharing any experience with that matter.

Regards,

Andreas

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson, Jonathan [mailto:jjohnson@454.com]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 10:48 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: AddressException in notifying with multiple email addresses

Adam,

I had the same problem.  I wanted to define the notifications in the POM
and not through the Continuum admin screen.   The whole comma (why not
';'?) separated list thing never worked for me.   So in each of my sub
module POM.XML files I added sections like this and it has worked
perfectly since.
(A comma separate list is really not a good idea since it circumvents
the advantages of well-formed and repeatable XML elements.)

   <ciManagement>
        <system>Continuum</system>
        <url>http://yourcontinuumservermachine:8080/continuum</url>
        <notifiers>
            <notifier>
                <type>mail</type>
                <configuration>
                    <address>someone@company.com</address>
                </configuration>
                <sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
                <sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
                <sendOnSuccess>false</sendOnSuccess>
                <sendOnWarning>true</sendOnWarning>
            </notifier>
            <notifier>
                <type>mail</type>
                <configuration>
                    <address>someoneelse@company.com </address>
                    <address>anothercog@company.com </address>
                </configuration>
                <sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
                <sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
                <sendOnSuccess>true</sendOnSuccess>
                <sendOnWarning>true</sendOnWarning>
            </notifier>
        </notifiers>
    </ciManagement>

I tried adding this notifiers list to the parent POM.XML but that did
not work.  I had to add it to each sub-module pom.xml.  I also tried
referencing the list of the developers ids in my parent pom to get their
emails but that did not work either.  From what I have experienced the
<developers> list and the <notifiers> lists are separate even though
some of the information is duplicated and cannot be connected.

Good luck/

- Jonathan