continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <>
Subject Re: Configuring Continuum to authenticate with SCM
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:21:22 GMT
last I looked (6-8 months ago) it will take come changes not just in
continuum but in the scm code and down into plexus-formica as well...
some api changing/adding mostly.   it will get sorted out

anyone interested in tackling it I can point you in what I think is
the right direction

On 8/4/06, Tim Morrow 2 <> wrote:
> I have the same problem.  However I figured out my issue for now (see below).
> Meanwhile might I suggest you take a look in
> apps/continuum/logs/continuum.log and check for the specific nature of the
> error and post it here.  It might reveal the core problem.
> I had the same problem when omitting the username & password:
> When I try to add a maven 2 project with
>   https://host/svn/..../pom.xml
> I get "The URL you provided doesn't exist" with this in the logs:
> Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
> When I tried
>   https://username:password@host/svn/..../pom.xml
> I get "The URL you provided doesn't exist"
> But it turns out my password has an "@" in it, which confuses the URL
> parser.  This was made clear by examining the log file.
> I'm going to work on setting up a user with a simpler password.  Meanwhile,
> is there any other sane way of specifying the username/password for an https
> url for adding the project?  Or is there another mechanism for locating the
> pom.xml (which is a multi-module project)?
> Thanks,
> Tim
> --
> Sent from the Continuum - Users forum at

jesse mcconnell

View raw message