continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN Revision Number in the name of a snapshot artifact
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:46:22 GMT
I don't really know of a simple way to do that, there are a couple of
factors at play here..

the <version> tag in the pom.xml is what governs the version that is
appended to the artifact for storage in the repository, and that
version doesn't change with scm version numbers anyway that I know of
(of course I could be wrong, there might be a way).

If you need functionality that can map a version in a repository to a
particular snapshot in time of the scm then I would recommend using
the SNAPSHOTs setup.  In these the version of your pom would be
something like 1.0-SNAPSHOT and then whenever continuum deployed the
snapshot it would replace that version with a timestamp.  That
timestamp could be turn be converted into a date that could you pass
into subversion and get the checkout of source corresponding to that
point in time.

that is nice also in that developers using your continuum published
repository don't have to do anything to get the latest releases of
code into thier development environment, maven will download the
latest snapshot for them.

anyway, good luck!

--
jesse mcconnell