continuum-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh_Malho...@vwr.com
Subject using continuum from a remote repository build thru maven deploy
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:59:34 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to work with continuum and I have a multi module project. The
multi module project in continuum requires a URL reference to the parent
POM. I was trying to point the http URL to the parent pom.xml created on
remote repository using mvn deploy. Problem I am facing is that the mvn
deploy does not deploy the artifacts and pom.xml in the same directory
structure as is on my c drive.

For example my parent project is conversion and it has 2 modules
conversion1 and conversion2.

In my c drive the directory structure is as follows

c:\covnersion (c:\conversion\pom.xml has groupId as "com.mycompany" and
artifactId as "conversion" and version number as "SNAPSHOT".)

c:\conversion\conversion1 (c:\conversion\conversion1\pom.xml  has reference
to parent pom and its artifactId is "conversion1" )

c:\conversion\conversion2 (c:\conversion\conversion2\pom.xml  has reference
to parent pom and its artifactId is "conversion2" )

 but when I do mvn deploy

the remote repository has the following directory structure.

com/mycompany/conversion/SNAPSHOT/parentpom.xml

com/mycompany/conversion1/SNAPSHOT/conversion1pom.xml

com/mycompany/conversion2/SNAPSHOT/conversion2pom.xml

So when I point the continuum url to
http://com.mycompany.mserver/webapps/maven-rep/inhouse/com/mycompany/conversion/SNAPSHOT/parentpom.xml

continuum is unable to locate the module pom's .

How do I resolve this? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error please e-mail the sender and delete the message. Thank you.