continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Shute, James" <james.sh...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: build after every checkin
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:48:07 GMT
Excellent - thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:26 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: build after every checkin

oh I misunderstood.

It's the default mode. With a small interval, it will be ok.

Emmanuel

Shute, James a écrit :
> Not sure you understood my point - our CVS repo is managed and administered by a separate
team using servers we have no access to (other than via standard CVS access).  Hence any sort
of hook based approach is no use to me - regardless of whether there's a helper class or not.

> So some sort of scan for updates approach (as Cruisecontrol does) would be good for me.
 This would also be easier for users who want to just run Continuum out of the box and not
worry about SCM hooks - I'm betting a decent percentage of Continuum users don't have a suitably
high level of familiarity with their scm system to do that.

> Is a solution just to set the schedule to a small interval, like every 5 minutes?  Is
there any downside to that?

> James

provide a helper class that will help you.

> Emmanuel
>
> Shute, James a écrit :
>> Are there any plans to add support for this though?  Those of us using Continuum
in corporate environments may well not be able to add hooks into the scm system so it would
certainly be a great plus point for me.

>> James

intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  This communication is for
information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation
of an offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or
as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or
accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change without
notice.