continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Shute, James" <james.sh...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: build after every checkin
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:20:33 GMT
Not sure you understood my point - our CVS repo is managed and administered by a separate team
using servers we have no access to (other than via standard CVS access).  Hence any sort of
hook based approach is no use to me - regardless of whether there's a helper class or not.

So some sort of scan for updates approach (as Cruisecontrol does) would be good for me.  This
would also be easier for users who want to just run Continuum out of the box and not worry
about SCM hooks - I'm betting a decent percentage of Continuum users don't have a suitably
high level of familiarity with their scm system to do that.

Is a solution just to set the schedule to a small interval, like every 5 minutes?  Is there
any downside to that?

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:06 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: build after every checkin

We can't add a hook in your scm. It's generally a script that you add in a directory of your
scm.
We can't create the full xml-rpc because it depends on how you want to use it, but we provide
a helper class that will help you.

Emmanuel

Shute, James a écrit :
> Are there any plans to add support for this though?  Those of us using Continuum in corporate
environments may well not be able to add hooks into the scm system so it would certainly be
a great plus point for me.

> James

recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  This communication is for information
purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer
to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
 Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should
not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change without notice.