continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Shute, James" <james.sh...@lehman.com>
Subject DB connection details
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:47:24 GMT
Hi,

I've got a Maven1 project building under Continuum, but now have some
unit tests that need to connect to a database.

When I just run the tests on my box via Maven then I leave the username
/ password blank so it uses the integrated security and picks up the
username / password of the current user, which is great and works
nicely.

But when running under Continuum this doesn't work as the account it's
running as doesn't have DB access.  Now due to various audit / security
policies in place here giving that account access to the db isn't an
option.

Now the only working solution I've come up with so far is to specify
system properties on the command line which give the username and
password.  These can then be specified in the arguments section on the
project build definition page in Continuum.

BUT.  Those values are publicly viewable, i.e. everybody can see the
password and I'm not exactly keen on that.  Access to the build box is
more restricted so a solution based on a local file there would be
better (even if the password has to be stored as plain text)

Anybody got any suggestions?  I would just put the properties in the
local build.properties file for the project on the build box, but that
gets blown away by the CVS update.

thanks

James

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.