continuum-users mailing list archives

From Aino A <develo...@fttech.net>
Subject Maven2 multi module projects in different locations
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:22:06 GMT

Hi,

We have a multi module project with an ear, view and model subproject. These
projects are defined in our svn repository as separate projects with their
own trunk, tags and branches. We would like, need, a Maven organisation with
a parent pom file and to use Continuum.
However, this is doesn't seem a trivial exercise and we tried different
approaches, but none of them fully satisfy us.

1) When we use a dummy project with only the pom files in the preferred
directory structure, the parent project does not contain the sources of the
subprojects and cannot make a correct build. However, the children projects
are fully functional, but are not build when the dependent projects are
build (as discussed elsewhere on this forum).

2) When I put the parent pom.xml file in the root directory of svn and
include the trunk dir in the module name, it works but then the parent
project downloads everything (including all the tags and branches of all the
undelying directories) and it does not work on our local filesystem anymore
(because of the trunk in the module name)

Any suggestions?

Ciao
    Aino
Sent from the Continuum - Users forum at Nabble.com.