continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: [CVS error]
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:45:06 GMT

Francois Le Fevre a écrit :
> Dear SCM users,
>
> I am really new to the maven communauty, so I hope that my questions
> will not embarrassed you.
> I have some difficuties using maven /scm plugin for cvs and contiuum.
> At this end of this document i give you en extract of my pom.xml
>
> I have two questions: one about checkout and one about checkin
>
> Thansk for your help
>
> Francois
>
>    * checkout procedure
>
> I have used eclipse and add with eclipse my maven project to cvs.
> Then I have tried a checkout with mvn scm:checkout
> it seems to work, it checkout codes to the target directory.
> Is it normal ? If I am a developper it should not better write upon my
> project ?

Yes, it's normal, but you can change the output directory with -DcheckoutDirectory=your_directory

paramater

> What is the normal way to work in a maven project witrh scm.
> With eclipse I do before, a commit checkout, then a commit and sometimes
> update.

You can continue to use your IDE. scm part of maven is used for continuum, release plugin
and
changelog report.

>    * checkin procedure
>
> When i do mvn scm:chekin -Dmessage="test"
> I got an error . Is it because i do a checkout in target directory ???

You must run this command in the root directory of your project in a checkout directory (that

contains a CVS directory)

> ************
> bash-3.00$ mvn scm:checkin -Dmessage="test"
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'scm'.
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype
> [INFO]    task-segment: [scm:checkin]
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] [scm:checkin]
> [INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d
> :ext:flefevre@mars.pc.local:/cvsroot/projects -q commit -R -F
> /tmp/scm-commit-message62090.txt
> [INFO] Working directory: /home/flefevre/workspace2/maven-doc
> [ERROR] Provider message:
> [ERROR] The cvs command failed.
> [ERROR] Command output:
> [ERROR] cvs commit: in directory target:
> cvs [commit aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Command failed.The cvs command failed.
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 04 15:08:24 CEST 2006
> [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
> [INFO]
> *******************
>
>    * continuum
>
> I have installed continuum and upload my pom.xml
> But each time it tryed to make a build I got an error message
> What do I have to change in my pom.xml ??

You can't connect to your cvs server. Do you use ssh public/private keys for ext cvs connection?
In
this case, you need to have a valid private key  in the .ssh directory of the user that run
continuum.

> *****
>
> Provider message: The cvs command failed.
> Command output:
>
> mars: Connection refused
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
> if any)
>
> *******
>

> here an extract of my pom.xml
> ********************
> <!-- The source code management repository -->
>    <scm>
>        <connection>
>            scm:cvs:ext:flefevre@mars.pc.local:/cvsroot/projects:maven-doc
>        </connection>