continuum-users mailing list archives

From Francois Le Fevre <flefe...@genoscope.cns.fr>
Subject [CVS error]
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:16:19 GMT
Dear SCM users,

I am really new to the maven communauty, so I hope that my questions
will not embarrassed you.
I have some difficuties using maven /scm plugin for cvs and contiuum.
At this end of this document i give you en extract of my pom.xml

I have two questions: one about checkout and one about checkin

Thansk for your help

Francois

    * checkout procedure

I have used eclipse and add with eclipse my maven project to cvs.
Then I have tried a checkout with mvn scm:checkout
it seems to work, it checkout codes to the target directory.
Is it normal ? If I am a developper it should not better write upon my
project ?
What is the normal way to work in a maven project witrh scm.
With eclipse I do before, a commit checkout, then a commit and sometimes
update.

    * checkin procedure

When i do mvn scm:chekin -Dmessage="test"
I got an error . Is it because i do a checkout in target directory ???
************
bash-3.00$ mvn scm:checkin -Dmessage="test"
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'scm'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype
[INFO]    task-segment: [scm:checkin]
[INFO]
[INFO] [scm:checkin]
[INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d
:ext:flefevre@mars.pc.local:/cvsroot/projects -q commit -R -F
/tmp/scm-commit-message62090.txt
[INFO] Working directory: /home/flefevre/workspace2/maven-doc
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The cvs command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] cvs commit: in directory target:
cvs [commit aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Command failed.The cvs command failed.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 04 15:08:24 CEST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]
*******************

    * continuum

I have installed continuum and upload my pom.xml
But each time it tryed to make a build I got an error message
What do I have to change in my pom.xml ??

*****

Provider message: The cvs command failed.
Command output:
mars: Connection refused
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
*******

here an extract of my pom.xml
********************
<!-- The source code management repository -->
    <scm>
        <connection>
            scm:cvs:ext:flefevre@mars.pc.local:/cvsroot/projects:maven-doc
        </connection>